Medior/Senior Pursuit Specialisten
Medior/Senior Pursuit Specialisten (EMEIA FSO)
The role of the Pursuit Manager is best defined as “Team Leader” when facilitating the pursuit of new business, or maintaining existing business, and developing relationships at the “C-Suite” level. The Pursuit Manager aligns all pursuit activities with the Firm’s objectives and drives the process to uncover all needs and issues of the potential client. The Pursuit Manager works alongside the Client Service to build the appropriate team in response to the client’s oral or written requests.The Pursuit Manager also works with the Graphic Designer to develop winning communication strategies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the pursuit strategy by ensuring the client team fully understand the client needs and can clearly articulate the benefits of the EY solution and our value proposition.
- Where appropriate, lead or participate in client meetings to ensure the Business Development function is taking a leading role in winning revenue.
- Consults with Client Service Partner to build an effective team which can meet the potential client’s objectives.
- Leads pursuit strategy to properly position the Firm’s thought leadership, global capabilities, resources, and overall credentials to positively distinguish Firm from competitors.
- Be a subject matter expert, leading exponent and user of the firms’ ‘Sales Excellence’ knowledge, skills and tools including Miller Heiman, Tracom within the Account Management Framework.
- Flex personal style to have impactful strategic conversations with Partners and Directors.
- Assists the pursuit team in preparing for oral/site visits and orchestrates all of the business development campaign elements to position the team effectively.
- Develops communications strategies; helping to devise key themes and messages which illustrate the strengths and benefits the team/Firm brings to bear to address the client’s needs.
- Develops top quality proposals, qualification documents, presentations and other meeting documents.
- Writes and customize materials to ensure readability and consistency of message and tone.
- Presents and shares knowledge gained from attendance at learning events and other means of remaining current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Works with other Pursuit Managers and national professionals to identify and leverage best practices.
- Develops and manages a quality control program for all deliverables.
- Take an active role in managing and challenging the client team dynamics to ensure the ‘A’ team is properly presented to the client including personal style, subject matter expertise and credentials.
- Build strong relationships across the business.
- Play an instrumental role across the entire sale from identification to closing.
- Working with the CSP or Engagement Partner to mobilize individuals on initiatives, ensuring leadership engagement and driving results.
- Develops/executes winning pursuit strategies.
- Defines standards and best practices in the business development process and ensures that leading practices are shared within the Pursuits Team and across the Firm.
- Identifies operational improvement opportunities and proposes solutions on an on-going basis.
- Acts as change agent for new business processes and procedures.
- Attends Pursuit team meetings and contributes to development of department initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Planning, time management and organizational skills.
- A strong working knowledge of a professional services organization.
- Proven ability to build high performing teams.
- Is a team player.
- Is client driven and market focused.
- Builds internal relationships - identifies opportunities and encourages sector teams to understand and achieve business goals.
- Exhibits drive and determination - resilient, able to overcome internal and external barriers and get results through people.
- Master’s degree or equivalent. Advanced degree or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Deep understanding and experience of pursuits and winning sales strategies.
- Coaching upwards of more senior people and history of achieving results through others.
- Account management experience including responsibility for client relationships, service levels, solution development and revenue targets.
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
If you’re a strong team player looking to build your career internationally within an inclusive and supportive team environment, working for one of the strongest brands in the business, please contact us. Full details are given below.
For further information please contact Saskia Reuchlin, Manager Recruitment FSO, phone: +31(0)88-4073841 / +31.621251022.