Medior Trade Economist
Medior Trade Economist
to carry out applied economic research and consultancy in the fields of international trade, competitiveness and private sector development.
Trade policy is a key area of work for Ecorys Netherlands. We have an extensive track record of conducting Trade Sustainability Impact Assessments for the European Commission although we also work for other clients across the world. Our strengths are our ability to combine cutting-edge trade policy methodologies with our extensive sector expertise in combination with social and environmental impact assessments.
The consultant will be expected to work on projects of the Practice and to contribute to the development of new business opportunities. The consultant will develop and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys where relevant. The position will be based in Rotterdam but there are opportunities to work on international projects outside the EU.
- academic background, preferably in economics or post-graduate studies;
- 5-7 years of working experience, preferably in a consulting or other commercial environment;
- a good understanding of relevant trade policy and research issues;
- strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- knowledge of and affinity with econometrics and statistics – including modelling work;
- developed presentation and project management skills;
- commercially strong with a good acquisition record;
- fluency in written and spoken English for proposal work and reports as well as knowledge of an other language are an advantage;
- willingness to travel.
- motivated and enthusiastic;
- capable of working both independently and within a project team;
- dedicated to delivering our clients with high quality consultancy services;
- preferred start date April 1, 2014.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can contact per e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply directly, please use our online sollicitatieformulier accompanied by your curriculum vitae and accompanying motivation letter in English. The deadline is February 15, 2014.
ECORYS Nederland BV
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20