Financial Controller (Part-time)
Financial Controller (Part-time)
Next to Ecorys Nederland BV and Ecorys UK, Ecorys International is the third operating division of Ecorys Group with its head office in the Netherlands (Rotterdam). Ecorys International is the shareholder of Ecorys companies outside the Netherlands and the UK. Ecorys International has an annual revenue of € 10 million.
The Managing Director of Ecorys International has an ambitious agenda to transform and raise the performance of the business, and continue to build on Ecorys’s leading role in the global consulting and advisory sector. The business has important and long standing clients, served out of offices in Poland, Belgium, Spain, Hungary, Moscow, Bulgaria, Turkey & Croatia, with it’s management team based in Ecorys’s office in Rotterdam. The business has a dedicated and high quality team of professionals.
The role of Financial Controller is the key senior management position in support of the Managing Director. The Financial Controller reports to the MD of Ecorys International and has a dotted line to the Finance Director of the Ecorys Group. He/she will lead a finance team across ten countries. The Financial Controller will be based in Rotterdam and should live within easy commute of Rotterdam. The function requires mostly short international travels. The position requires 3 days/week with possible flexibility in the working days and hours.
The main responsibilities are:
- Production of monthly management accounts, risk overview, performance pack, forward orders, half year and annual statutory accounts;
- Production of weekly cash-flow forecasting;
- Coordination and management of budget cycle in support of the MD;
- Coordination and implementation of effective internal control environment, including project tendering, delegations and compliance with the accounting manual;
- Risk management and analysis related to activities of Ecorys International companies;
- Input and support of the Group Treasury operation and strategy;
- Support and training of finance staff employed by Ecorys International with a view to improve the capabilities and understanding of managers with a responsibility for finance, including smooth operation of Tagetic;
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors.
For this position the following qualifications and skills are required:
- Higher educational level with an accounting profile;
- About five years of experience with accounting and financial controlling;
- Strong commercial customer focus;
- Strong understanding of cash generation in a project based business, including work in progress, long term contracts;
- Proven working capital management and cash forecasting skills – working with the business;
- Experience of profit improvement initiatives and actions;
- Familiar with monthly business performance review and management;
- Business partner style, supportive, creative;
- Leads by example, not afraid of sleeves rolled up into the detail;
- Energetic, self starter, strong communicator;
- Able to challenge the status quo in a constructive way;
- Not scared to take bold steps;
- Fluent in English, spoken and written; knowledge of Dutch language is an advantage;
- International experience is an asset.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holidays.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
Applicants must be legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
For more information about the position you can contact: HR department on (0)10 453 85 67.
To apply directly, please use our online sollicitatieformulier accompanied by your curriculum vitae and accompanying motivation letter in English.
The deadline for applications is 31st January 2014. Interviews will take place in February 2014 in our Rotterdam office.