Ecorys offers its clients a broad range of products and services in areas such as macro-economics, labour market, energy, environment and transport. The Practice Connectivity consists of about 30 consultants with an economic, legal and logistics background. We offer consulting services such as demand forecasting, economic and financial feasibility analysis, impact assessment and policy and programme evaluation in the areas of passenger and freight transport, ports, aviation security and telecom.
In the aviation domain our fields of expertise include (among other things) sustainable air transport policy, airport development, air traffic management and aviation safety and security. Clients include (Dutch) governments and related institutions, European Commission, international organisations and industry. Projects are undertaken mainly in Europe but also in developing and emerging economies.
The Aviation Consultant will be expected to support the development of the sector Aviation by developing new business opportunities and implement aviation projects. Regarding the development of new business opportunities, the Aviation Consultant is expected to support the acquisition of new projects in the area of airport development and institutional capacity development outside Europe. The Aviation Consultant will also implement and sometimes coordinate projects in the area of airports and sustainable aviation. Project activities include data analysis, economic modelling, evaluations and impact analysis and drafting reports. The Aviation Consultant is building up a network of experts, partners and clients in the area of aviation, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys where relevant, notably in the fields of energy and sustainability, economic regulation and other modes of transport. The position will be based in Rotterdam and there are opportunities to work on international projects outside the EU.
- academic background, preferably in economics or business administration;
- minimum of 4 years of working experience, ideally in the consulting area of aviation;
- good understanding of and affinity for the economics of airports, in terms of both their economic impact and their business models;
- affinity for business development and coordination;
- excellent communication, management and social skills;
- building up a network of associated experts, partners and clients in the area of airports in the Netherlands and/or the EU;
- strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- project management skills;
- fluency in written and spoken English and preferably also Dutch for proposal work and reports;
- working knowledge of an other language is an advantage;
- willingness to travel.
Further you are:
- motivated and enthusiastic;
- capable of working independently and leading a project team;
- dedicated to delivering our clients with high quality consultancy services;
- available on short notice.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can contact: Robert Piers, Sector leader Aviation, Security, Telecom (contactdetails below)
To apply directly, please use our online sollicitatieformulier accompanied by your curriculum vitae and accompanying motivation letter in English.
ECORYS Nederland BV
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20