In 2012 Ariba is acquired by SAP, making SAP the owner of the so called “online procurement marketplace management platform’ for the Business-to-Business. With the help of this software it is easier to offer and sell products which is all handled online including the administration of the deals. This is often done in combination with a SAP backend system but can also run alone.
More and more companies are seeing opportunities in the online marketplace of Ariba so also the competitors see the opportunities of Ariba which could give them an advantage. Ariba makes companies accessible for clients and suppliers which gives them a new trading channel other than the normal route of doing business face to face. Ariba plays a big role in the trade of materials, resources , parts and end products. It however also has an influence on the administrative labor that is part of trading which is included in the system logging all trades.
With the arrival of the SAP HANA platform more is possible and it gets more efficient to work with SAP systems. The connection between Ariba and SAP HANA is supposed to be easy to configure. This creates opportunities for clients whom are already shifting to HANA and might still be in doubt about Ariba. Also for Accenture this creates opportunities which they can offer to their clients. Therefore there is a need to map these benefits and opportunities so that they can be presented to the client. The question also arises if there is a demand for the Ariba network in the Dutch market.
We are looking for someone who can create/design a market fitting Ariba solution which can be presented to Accenture’s clients and new potential clients. We are looking for someone who can research and create a business case for the purchase of the Ariba platform and also in connection with the SAP HANA platform.
This assignment consists of the following parts:
- Gathering knowledge of the available processes, opportunities and innovations of the Ariba system. To gather this knowledge the intern can make use of Accenture knowledge systems and colleague interviews (global delivery centers);
- Deliver an research report including a business case and the opportunities of the system ins and outs and with all the pros and cons;
- Mapping the place of Ariba in the operating field. (think of their place in relation to other systems);
- If possible research the demand of the Accenture clients for the Ariba platform (interviews with clients, this depends on the availability of clients and their time);
- Presenting the findings to the SAP Sourcing and Procurement branch of Accenture NLDC technology solutions. It is expected that the intern Will give a “hands-on” demonstration of the research during this presentation;
To complete this research the intern will conduct his own research with guidance of an Accenture employee/assessor. The needed information can be gathered with the use of the following parties: Accenture (onshore & offshore), Ariba, SAP, Gartner and clients.
Place in the organization
Accenture is one of the world's largest independent providers of technology services. Our Technology professionals lead and implement highly complex technology projects. Working with clients, they design, develop and deliver a wide range of challenging and global IT projects. These professionals may build, test, install and maintain software across a variety of projects and industries working with leading enterprise applications such as SAP, Ariba, Siebel, PeopleSoft and Oracle or with custom- built applications the field of Analytics, Mobile, Cloud / SaaS and Digital.
Are you the perfect candidate?
- HBO- study with IT components (Think of higher, technical and/or business IT education);
- Team player;
- Creativity and the ability to solve problems, issues and cases.
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will receive a lot of responsibility. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses.
- You will be guided by a team of experienced consultants;
- You will receive an compensation and a laptop;
- You will gain knowledge and expertise of Accenture;
- You will gain experience within a large international consulting firm;
- You will expand your professional network.
- Period: 5 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: Almere/Heerlen: Flexible workplace (work among our colleagues)
- Startdate: To be discussed
We are looking forward to meet you. Apply directly online through the button ´solliciteer online´ and send us your cv and application letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact Romy Schmidt at telephone number 020-5723877 or via email@example.com.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website or follow us at www.Facebook.com/accenturenl.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Bedrijf: Bedrijf: Accenture
Periode: 3 - 6 maanden