Your next step in the Lean IT journey
Kaizen is the Japanese word for continuous improvement using small incremental changes. It translates quite literally as change for the better. Kaizen is an approach for solving problems, and it forms the basis of incremental continual improvement within organizations. The philosophy states that a problem is merely a difficulty that needs to be resolved. When applied to the workplace, Kaizen promotes continuous improvement involving everyone. Managers and staff must work together to provide the proper structure that nets this continual process improvement.
It should be no surprise to anyone that works within IT that our world is a dynamic one in which we rapidly need to adjust to new realities. This includes continuously updated business applications, high demands from our customers, new breeds of automation, and new organizational challenges. These new realities all bring new problems that require a new level of solutions, and lead us to believe that we need to react immediately. IT organizations often ‘shoot from the hip’ or jump to conclusions regarding the solutions they think they need, but we do actually have time to think, even if it does not feel that way. The art is to use the limited time we have in the best possible way.
About this Webinar
Ensuring that an IT organization is competent at continuous improvement is absolutely essential to the success of Lean within IT. At the Lean IT Foundation, we have looked at the basics of Kaizen (continuous improvement) and the DMAIC problem-solving method. The Lean IT Kaizen Lead training will help you on your journey to mastering continuous improvement, and will make you a Lean IT Kaizen Lead. The Lean IT Kaizen Lead is someone who is involved with improvement based on Lean principles, and may come from any level ‘department’ of the IT organization. In this webinar, Niels Loader will help you to understand what Kaizen can do for you and your IT organization. Let us show you how it all works.
Agenda for this Webinar
During this 30-minute session we will cover:
- The importance of continuous improvement for IT
- The power of standardized problem-solving
- Improving the effectiveness of ITIL Problem Management
- Continuously improving IT – the realities
- Pitfalls for those looking for “continuous improvement”
Who should attend?
- IT professionals seeking insights for continuous improvement in IT
- Management looking to increase the value of IT to their customers
- Those who wish to learn about the practical application of aspects of Lean IT
- Training Providers that are interested in adding the Lean IT Kaizen Lead to their training portfolio
About the Presenter
Niels Loader is a Principal Consultant with Quint, and one of the leading experts on Lean IT. He is the Content Board Lead with the Lean IT Association (LITA), and is Chief Examiner of Lean IT with APMG. Niels brings extensive experience in the areas of IT Service Management, IT Performance Improvement, Lean IT and DevOps.
Date, Time & Registration
We will be presenting this webinar in two sessions. By clicking the 'Register' link below, you will able to select the session that best fits your schedule with the drop-down on the registration page.
Timeslot 1: Thursday, June 9, 2016
- 8:30 am (New York - Eastern)
- 2:30 pm (Amsterdam - Europe)
- 6:00 pm (New Delhi - India)
- 8:30 pm (Kuala Lumpur - Asia)
Timeslot 2: Thursday, June 9, 2016
- 2:00 pm (New York - Eastern)
- 1:00 pm (Chicago - Central)
- 12:00 pm (Denver - Mountain)
- 11:00 am (San Francisco - Pacific)
Bedrijf: Quint Wellington RedwoodDatum: 09 juni 2016
Inschrijven voor: 09 juni 2016
Type event: Workshop