Digital Identity Day: banks increasing customer relevancy
With the mobile channel as primary interface for many digital, personal and social services, the challenge of security, ease of use and affordability becomes even more prominent.
There is a concrete need from businesses and consumers for services that enable them to identify and be identified. Huge opportunities are open for those service providers that can fulfill this need and claim this vital role in the digital economy.
Banks are ideally positioned to claim this position as they possess three crucial assets that they can reuse in this new service domain:
- Trust: banks organized trust among themselves as trusted representatives of their clients
- Network: banks are experienced in bringing networked services to large groups of customers
- KYC: banks already can draw on rich information they have of their clients and enable their clients to share this information in a controlled way
The time to think and act is now because customer behavior, technology and regulation are coming together. The market is in need for these services with regulation strengthening this need even further: Secure Pay, PSD2 (Access to the account), General Data Protection Regulation, EIDAS and the 4th directive on Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
The banking community in the Nordics leads the way with innovative business models and services, creating a best-practice environment for the rest of Europe. Therefore Innopay organizes:
August 26, Stockholm: Innopay's Digital Identity Day
On this special day, we bring together diverse stakeholders from the financial transaction community, including bankers, processors, regulators, identity service providers, industry bodies and relying parties (merchants).
The program (below) is centered around first hand sharing by banking practitioners from Norwegian and Swedish banking based eID solutions. Signicat, the leading identity broker in the region, will present the case of their client SEB Kort AB (online card issuing). Key take-aways of this one day event include:
· What is Digital Identity and why is it relevant for consumers and businesses?
· What is the role of Digital Identity in the digital transformation of banks
· Is there a valid business model for the different stakeholder in Digital Identity?
· What are strategic implementation options for Digital Identity business?
· What to expect from regulatory impact, including privacy?
The morning will be with several plenary speakers and in the afternoon there will be an Open Space session (‘unconference’) for further learning and networking. The objective is to have your major questions answered in order to advance your strategic reflection on this very important topic.
Bedrijf: InnopayDatum: 26 augustus 2014
Inschrijven voor: 25 augustus 2014
Type event: Seminar